- Home:Swartland / South Africa
- Style:Medium bodied / Smooth / Fruity
- Taste:Blackberries / Blueberries / Hint of oak
- Food:Steak / Bolognese / Mexican Dishes
- Awards:2017 vintage: International Wine Challenge - Bronze
- Lifestyle:2015 vintage: Vegan / 2016 vintage: Vegan / 2017 vintage: Vegan
These thin-skinned grapes were originally grown in Bordeaux but the Gallic climate just couldn’t match the hot and dry climate that’s given its South African cousin that trademark berry-filled smoothness.
Swartland in South Africa has a similar climate to the Malbec growing regions of Argentina, where you’ll often see Malbec from – pretty hot, and pretty dry. This does very good things to this grape!
If you’ve had a Malbec before, you’ll know that it is known for being a good bet for rich meat dishes, and ours is certainly that. Its juicy, blackberry and blueberry flavours makes steak, Bolognese and Mexican food all taste amazing. And don’t even get us started on how good it is with a barbecue.
Geek Fact: The literal French translation of Malbec is ‘bad mouth’. Trust us, it’s a misnomer of epic proportions.