- Grape:Grüner Veltliner
- Home:Dunántúl / Hungary
- Style:Light / Dry / Fresh
- Taste:Lime / Peach / White Pepper
- Food:Thai Curry / Sushi / Chicken in Creamy Sauce
- Awards:2016 vintage: International Wine Challenge - Silver
- Lifestyle:2018 vintage: vegan
- Night In:Film: Lost In Translation / TV: Stranger Things / Music: The Model
Pronounced Grooner (rhymes with spooner!) Velt-leener (rhymes with cleaner),and also more easily known simply as ‘Grüner’, this is a lean, fresh wine from the Dunántúl region in Hungary.
If you’re looking to break out from your Sauvignon Blanc rut, then Grüner Veltliner could be the grape for you – it’s crisp, dry and loaded with mouth-watering citrussy flavours.
It’s also really food-friendly and goes brilliantly with Asian food like sushi and spicy Thai dishes.
Geek Fact: Grüner is the most widely grown grape variety in Austria, and makes up nearly a third of all vineyards in the country.