- GrapeSauvignon Blanc
- HomeMarlborough / New Zealand
- StyleDry / Zingy / Crisp
- TasteCitrus / Passion Fruit / Gooseberries
- FoodSalads / Seafood / Thai Dishes
- Awards2016 vintage: International Wine Challenge – Silver Medal
- Lifestyle2016 vintage: not Vegetarian
Given that it’s one of the UK’s favourite wines, you’ve probably come across Sauvignon Blanc before. It is grown everywhere from France to Chile with lots in between.
Ours originates from New Zealand’s best known and best loved region of Marlborough, which benefits from endless hours in the sun and a coastal climate that helps develop the distinctive crisp, gooseberry tang. And it’s that tang that helps it pair so brilliantly with seafood and Thai flavours.
Geek Fact: The Sauvignon Blanc grape is the same one used in white Bordeaux, as well as Pouilly-Fume and Sancerre in the Loire.