- GrapeSauvignon Blanc
- HomeMarlborough / New Zealand
- StyleDry / Zingy / Crisp
- TasteCitrus / Passion Fruit / Gooseberry
- FoodSalads / Seafood / Thai Dishes
- Awards2016 vintage: International Wine Challenge – Silver Medal
- Lifestyle2017 vintage: not vegetarian
Given that it’s one of the UK’s favourite wines, you’ve probably come across Sauvignon Blanc before. It is grown all over the world in France, Chile, USA, South Africa, Australia etc.
Originating from New Zealand’s best known and best loved region of Marlborough, which benefits from those endless hours in the sun, the coastal climate helps develop the distinctive crisp, gooseberry tang. And it’s exactly that tang that makes it pair so brilliantly with seafood and Thai flavours.
Geek Fact: The Sauvignon Blanc grape is the same one used in white Bordeaux, as well as Pouilly-Fume and Sancerre in the Loire.