- Grape:Pinot Grigio
- Home:Venezie / Italy
- Style:Fresh / Light / Fruity
- Taste:Apple / Lime / Peach
- Food:Seafood / Fish and Chips / Carbonara
- Lifestyle:2018 vintage: vegan
- Night In:Film: Mean Girls / TV: Friends / Song: Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
Pinot Grigio is a bit of an all-rounder and has won over a generation of fans with its easy-drinking style and fresh fruit flavours. Ours hails from the Venezie DOC in northern Italy, and it’s light, dry and citrussy and goes down a treat with a prawn cocktail (or anything vaguely fishy).
Pinot Grigio is also known as Pinot Gris in its native France, where it produces richer, more intensely flavoured wines with higher alcohol.
Geek Fact: Italy is the world’s largest producer of Pinot Grigio, with the majority grown in the north-east of the country.