- HomePuglia / Italy
- StyleMedium to Full-bodied / Smooth / Rich
- TasteJuicy / Black Cherry / Plum
- FoodLasagne / Sausages / Indian Dishes
- Lifestyle2018 vintage: not vegetarian, 2017 vintage: not vegetarian
- Night InFilm: Pulp Fiction / TV: Pose / Song: At Last
Primitivo is the same grape as California’s Zinfandel, produced in very similar hot, dry climates. Ours hails from the sun-baked southern Italian region of Puglia.
There are plenty of lovely smooth, sweet fruit flavours that work particularly well with spicy, tomato based curries. A small proportion of the wine is made from grapes that have been allowed to dry out in the sun after the harvest. This concentrates the flavours, giving you lots of bang for your buck. Which is always nice.
Geek Fact: Primitivo means ‘the early one’ due to its early ripening characteristics. Which means luscious wines with a tendency towards higher alcohol. So enjoy responsibly folks!