- Home:Pfalz / Germany
- Style:Fruity / Zesty / Rich
- Taste:Citrus / Peach / Honey
- Food:Mild Curries / Pork Belly / Asian Dishes
- Awards:2018 vintage: IWSC Bronze Medal; 2017 vintage: IWSC Silver Medal; 2016 vintage: International Wine Challenge Silver Medal
- Lifestyle:2018 vintage: vegan, 2017 vintage: vegan, 2016 vintage: not vegetarian
- Night In:Film: Napolean Dynamite / TV: The Mighty Boosh / Song: Take a Chance on Me
Don’t be put off by what you think you know about Riesling – it’s no longer the dreaded dinner party wine of the 1970’s! This Riesling is from the Pfalz region, one of Germany’s top locations for growing this grape variety.
A tip for checking the style of a Riesling before opening it up is to check the alcohol level – anything over 12% will be on the dryer side of the spectrum, the lower the alcohol under 12% the sweeter it will be (e.g. 7% will be pretty sweet). Ours is just a tad off-dry, in case you were wondering.
Geek Fact: Riesling is the most widely grown grape in Germany and one of the 6 original ‘Noble Grapes’, alongside Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc.