- Home:Pfalz / Germany
- Style:Fruity / Zesty / Rich
- Taste:Citrus / Peach / Honey
- Food:Mild Curries / Pork Belly / Asian Dishes
- Awards:2017 vintage: IWSC Silver Medal; 2016 vintage: International Wine Challenge - Silver
- Lifestyle:2017 vintage: vegan, 2016 vintage: not vegetarian
This Riesling is from Pfalz, one of Germany’s top regions for this grape variety. A tip for checking the style of a Riesling before opening it up is to check the alcohol level – anything over 12% will be on the dryer side of the spectrum, the lower the alcohol under 12% the sweeter it will be (e.g. 7% will be pretty sweet). Ours is pretty dry, in case you were wondering.
Geek Fact: Riesling is the most widely grown grape in Germany and one of the 6 original ‘Noble Grapes’, alongside Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chardonnay & Sauvignon Blanc.