- HomeLodi / California / USA
- StyleMedium to Full-bodied / Juicy / Smooth
- TasteRed berries / Cherries / Bit of Mocha
- FoodPulled Pork / Brisket / Barbecue
- AwardsWe're ready and waiting
- Lifestyle2018 vintage: vegan, 2017 vintage: vegan, 2016 vintage: vegan
Californian Zinfandel usually has a high alcohol content, often 14% or above, as does its Italian counterpart, Primitivo which is traditionally grown in the heat of southern Italy.
Our Zinfandel is grown in Lodi, in California’s Central Valley, which is renowned for Zinfandel wines. Wine grapes made their way to the area during the Gold Rush and Zin proved so popular that it’s now synonymous with the Golden State. The mix of sweet fruit and spice makes Zinfandel a perfect bottle for anything on the grill or even dark chocolate desserts.
When Zinfandel wine ages, it sometimes tastes “hot” (predominantly alcoholic) and is often at its best within 3-5 years of its vintage.