- HomeLodi / California / USA
- StyleMedium to Full-bodied / Juicy / Smooth
- TasteRed berries / Cherries / Bit of Mocha
- FoodPulled Pork / Brisket / Barbecue
- AwardsWe're ready and waiting
- Lifestyle2018 vintage: vegan, 2017 vintage: vegan
- Night InFilm: Point Break / TV: Killing Eve / Song: California Dreamin'
Californian Zinfandel usually has a high alcohol content, often 14% or above, as does its Italian counterpart, Primitivo which is traditionally grown in the heat of southern Italy.
Our Zinfandel is grown in Lodi, in California’s Central Valley, which is renowned for Zinfandel wines. Wine grapes made their way to the area during the Gold Rush and Zin proved so popular that it’s now synonymous with the Golden State. The mix of sweet fruit and spice makes Zinfandel a perfect bottle for anything on the grill or even dark chocolate desserts.
Geek Fact: White or ‘Blush’ Zinfandel comes from the same red grape but is a different beast entirely. To make the blush version, the juice doesn’t stay in contact with the skins for long, and the wine tends to be made much sweeter than red Zinfandel.